Yesterday I posted Our Reason Why for doing December Daily this year. In that post, I mentioned that I wanted to come up with a list of ideas of things to include in our album. I started working on that list a few minutes ago and I haven’t been able to stop! I got some inspiration from Pinterest and also from this post by Ali Edwards. And some of the ideas I pulled out of my…. awesome imagination. 😉
Some of these are personal to us (I’m pregnant, we are building a house and getting ready to move, etc), but others are universal. I thought I would share my whole list, because I know I’m not the only person in the world who is pregnant or building a house. So without further ado, here is my list!
- Little People advent calendar – My 2-year-old is obsessed with Little People toys, so we bought her an advent calendar. I am planning on this being my first post of the project since it will start on December 1st.
- Getting the Christmas tree / decorating it
- Hard Candy Christmas / Christmas songs – My favorite Christmas song is “Hard Candy Christmas” by Dolly Parton. I want to write about that and include the lyrics in the album.
- Mom’s surgery – My mom is having surgery during the month of December. I plan to document a little about that.
- Moving / Building our house – I will document aspects of this whole process.
- Letter to Santa – My little girl is too young to write a letter to Santa, but I will probably write one for our family about what our wishes and hopes are this holiday season.
- Gift List – I will probably write up a list of the gifts Santa brings for my daughter, and the gifts we get and give each other.
- Our Family Photoshoot – We are having a family photoshoot / maternity session on December 17th. I will include any sneak peeks we get from that and some behind the scenes shots.
- Memories from my childhood – I don’t have any specific ideas for this, but if I want to talk about something Christmas-y, I will think about this one more.
- The tree garland – A few years ago my husband and I made our tree garland from ribbon. I am going to document that, if we manage to get our garland up this year. It’s probably going to get lost in the mix of moving, so it may have to go into next year’s album.
- Christmas cookies – My mom always makes sugar cookies close to Christmas and it’s tradition that we help her ice them. I want to document this.
- Selfies with Gracie (my daughter)
- Belly pic – I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. My belly is only going to get larger throughout this project, so I will probably include some photos of that.
- Doctor’s appointments – I will have multiple doctor’s appointments for my pregnancy during the month of December, so I may document some of that.
- Our cats and the Christmas tree – We have three cats. They love Christmas trees. We may not be able to document that this year, because we will probably move them into the new house once it has heat, before we move in. Our Christmas tree this year will most likely be my parents’ tree at their house (we will be staying with them for awhile as we build). So the cats may not be around the tree this year, but it’s an idea for next year!
- Our favorite ornaments – We have a tradition of getting our daughter an ornament every year. I want to photograph that.
- A daily schedule – What our life looks like right now.
- Recipes – Family recipes, favorite recipes, etc.
- Christmas items around the house (decorations)
- Weather (include screenshots from my phone)
- Our Christmas card
- A story about our stockings – Once our second daughter is born and we officially decide if we are done having children or not, I want to get matching stockings for them. For now we have sort of a mismatch and I want to document that story.
- Holiday movies – There are several family favorites between my husband’s family and mine, so I plan on writing about that as we watch them.
- Christmas jammies – We get our daughter a new pair of Christmas pajamas every year. I want to tell that story.
- Shopping – Photos of any Christmas shopping we do, photos of our shopping carts, etc.
- Wrapping – Photos of us wrapping presents
- Going out and looking at Christmas lights
- Cookies and milk for Santa – We have a special mug that we use at my mom’s house. I want to tell that story this year. It’s probably as old as I am.
Some other physical things I thought of to possibly include were:
- Wrapping paper
- Paper bags
- Gift tags
- Christmas Cards
I hope my lists gave you some inspiration! I can’t wait to see your December Daily projects. Drop me a comment if you have links to any of your own blog posts about December Daily.
Until next time…